2009-09-30

Giorgio - "London Traffic"



From his 1972 release Son of My Father. Some bubblegum pop from Giorgio (later known for his soundtrack work and electro disco recorded in the late 70's and 80's under his more recognizable birthname Giorgio Morodor). I lucked out and found this record for $1 just under 10 years ago and I've loved the record ever since. I was thrilled to find out that in addition to having some great songs on it, it's also the record that DJ Shadow used for the main sample for "Organ Donor". Unfortunately, the record is long out of print to the best of my knowledge, but if you ever do find it, pick it up.

2 comments:

GG said...

I have been looking all over the place for this song. I am thrilled to be able to actually hear it again. It reminds me of the 70s; I can find all songs by Moroder (which I don't care to hear) except for this one. I can even download it, I thought they already banned posting songs on the internet. Well, my Windows Media Player cannot grab the full spectrum of the song, it sounds different with the song I click on your page. Since you are already sharing the song online, will it be too much to ask for the file be sent to me directly?

bomarr said...

i'd suggest using itunes instead of windows media player. not sure what you mean by it sounding different. you should be able to just download the song from my page by right-clicking the link that says "download" and then "save as"